I have been chosen as the International Visits Program (IVP) guest speaker to Iceland this year. The program is sponsored in part by Icelandic National League of North America (INL of NA), the Icelandic National League of Iceland, and Icelandair. These IVP presenters are always distinguished in their fields and are traveling internationally to share their knowledge, perform, exhibit, or display their particular area of expertise.
My expertise is with the Icelanders in North Dakota but as the USA Representative for the Icelandic National League in Iceland and the 2nd VP for the INL of NA, I am including stories and photos that include all the areas pioneered by our Icelandic ancestors in America.
I am honored and humbled by this opportunity to share the story of the Icelanders in America.
Travel along with me around Iceland as I visit various locations. Highlighted text will link to the blog post about that location.
18. Reykjavík Menningarnótt – City Hall kl. 18.00
19. Eyrarbakki: Húsid kl. 18.00
21. Egilsstaðir: Hlynsalir í Egilsstaðir Centre kl. 20.00
24. Húsavík: Safnahúsið kl. 17.00
25. Akureyri: Þjóðræknisfélag Íslendinga 2012 Convention
Safnaðarheimili Akureyrarkirkju kl. 14.00
31. Ísafjörður: á Grunnskóli kl. 10.00
31. Ísafjörður: á University Centre Friday Lunch Lecture kl. 12.00
Sponsors: Icelandic National League of North America, Þjóðræknisfélag Íslendinga, Icelandair, & Jeff Furstenau